Old 03-23-05, 05:40 PM
Paul L.

Bikes: Mercier Corvus (commuter), Fila Taos (MTB), Trek 660(Got frame for free and put my LeMans Centurian components on it)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I walked over to my friends house where there was a crowd of kids. His older brother says they are jumping and asks me if I want to try. "Sure" I say. 60 pound me and a 40 pound cruiser head down the side yard of his house gaining speed but not too much as I am cautious. Kids yell "Faster!". I round the corner of the house and see the jump for the first time, "that's not too bad" I think. My front wheel climbs the jump, I notice that they have dug a wheel sized hole behind the jump to add to the thrill. Promptly the front tire rolls over the crest of the jump and down into the hole. The back tire is now airborn for some reason and I am looking up at the ground for a split second. My next memory is the pain of a bicycle seat with 40 pounds of bike on top of it hitting me squarely in the back and thinking how desperate I was for one breath of air. The air is filled with the laughter of children.