urban_assault
53 miles per burrito

Bikes: Land Shark, Trek 1000, Iron Horse Rogue, Novara Randonee

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I remember plenty....

6 years old:Living out my Evel Kneivel fantasies by intentionally crashing my bike in my front yard. I was wearing a blue, plastic Tonka helmet.

10 years old: Getting an Itoh 10 speed with 24" wheels for my birthday. One day I left it on the front porch locked up. When my mom turned into my driveway, bringing me home from school, we caught a neighbor kid trying to steal it. He saw us and took off running. I chased him and brought him back to my mom. She gave him a few words and took him home so she could tell his mom what he did. I never saw that kid again.

13 years old: The weekend before I was to start high school, I crashed while riding my friend's bike. His stem wasn't tightened enough. As I pedaled down the road, the handlebars went left and the front wheel turned to the right. I landed face first on the road. Man, beginning high school is stressful enough. Imagine doing it with road rash, bandages and bruises on your face.

This thread made me realize for the first time, that most of my fondest memories of childhood were cycling related.

....and now back to your regular programming.

Last edited by urban_assault; 03-23-05 at 07:09 PM. Reason: typo