View Single Post
Old 11-09-09, 04:15 PM
mike868y

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 248 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Making every mile count...

As sunset gets earlier and temps get colder, my riding time has been significantly decreased. I know I can get a light (looking into it) and I do have a set of rollers, however, I'd prefer to ride outside as much as I can. But, I can only get in about 20 miles before it is dark. I try to get in at least 1 long ride in on the weekends, but I would like to do more during the week.

I know that a lot of bfers, Waterrockets especially, are known for doing the most with the least training time. So what can you do on these relatively short rides to make the most of them? Intervals? SST? Hill repeats? I have always wanted to try intervals, but it is so hilly around here (rolling hills constantly) that it seems as if trying to put in a steady 20 minute interval would be impossible. The majority of my rides are SST or tempo rides however, I feel that on shorter rides I am wasting my time doing SST, but maybe I'm wrong. So what can I do to make the most out of these short rides? Thanks for any help/tips...