roadiejorge 
stole your bike

Bikes: Orbea Orca, Ridley Compact

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4201 Post(s)
Liked 27 Times in 18 Posts
Originally Posted by Not the Slowest
Okay Kid, I'm 51 and I commute 23 miles each way to work. I ride faster than some and slower than others, SO WHAT????. You don't need no stinkin excuse NOT TO RIDE, You need to simply RIDE. Now charge up the mp3 and go go go.

Like u said, maybe you enjoy riding alone, do it
Hmm, Maybe it keeps you healthy, do it
Maybe it lets you mellow from other things in your life, do it

Don't be a "whiney pants", shut up and ride. Besides 15mph on a Mt bike is fine, swap on some slicks and you'll be 1.5-2mph faster.

Let us know how the ride goes SUNDAY.

If you're ever on the Greenway from 181st down to 54th street and see a guy on a blue/black/white BMC and a black Capo top feel free to say hi.

Originally Posted by lukasz
The temperature sucks and in addition it has been windy the past few days. There are only a few things worse than stepping outside in the morning, getting on the bike, and having cold wind off the East River hit you in the face for the first 5 minutes of your ride.
I've been out every day so far this week, including over 30 miles of commuting around town on Tuesday, but I have absolutely no motivation to do some fast loops around Central Park today in order to get some real exercise. It is going to be wet tomorrow and Saturday, so today is pretty much the only option until Sunday for a relatively comfortable ride. I would not even mind the rain, but having to clean up the bike in cold rain post-ride is just one step too far.
The biggest factor pushing me to go out for a ride after work is the desire to punish myself for not wanting to go out for exercise after work. I think that it is working. I should have just ridden my road bike over here. I work half a block from the park, and live 5 miles away. My girlfriend told me that I have "problems."
It takes extra motivation for me to ride in the winter which is why I opted to commute to work this Fall/Winter because the 5:45am rides I do in the Spring/Summer just aren't as hospitable in the winter; right now it's not so bad since the sun is up a bit after 6am but by mid December and on it may as well be 2am. I've done the early winter rides for years and I must say there were more than a fair share of times when I would be standing on Boulevard East getting ready to ride north (Blvd East gets the full wind effect since it's on top of the Palisades) wondering what the heck I was doing out there. The commuting at least gives me the option of riding under sunlight for one half of the ride. Would it be better to be lying in bed? Sure, but I think of the few times I didn't ride in the winter and remember how bad spring training would be and that gets my motivation going. Oh and Papa Tom, I'm not picking on you just trying to give you a little tough love motivation.

Last edited by roadiejorge; 11-12-09 at 07:38 PM.