Old 11-14-09, 05:13 PM
Bianchigirll 
Bianchi Goddess

Bikes: Too many to list here check my signature.

Mentioned: 192 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2926 Post(s)
Liked 2,921 Times in 1,489 Posts
Originally Posted by bwientjes
I don't get it. Is it priced this high because of all the added components?

1980's Custom Built Schwinn - $550
http://chicago.craigslist.org/nwc/bik/1459760660.html

Date: 2009-11-10, 12:05PM CST
Reply to: sale-bsedd-1459760660@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]

For sale here I offer a custom built late 1980's Women's Schwinn Bicycle. This bicycle is the only one of it's kind ever built and it is in Pristine condition. There are virtually no marks or scratches of any kind. The frame is a 17 inch woman's frame so it is built for a shorter rider. It is a Schwinn Traveler frame in a beautiful custom RED color that is stunning in appearance. This bike features a Shimano 105 deraillur and upgraded rims which are in perfect shape. The tires are original Schwinn Passage VR gumwalls and are also in excellent condition. This bike has almost NO mileage on it whatsoever. Original black GrabOn grips are in great shape and saddle has been replaced as of this year with an updated Avenir Comfy seat which is supremely comfortable. I can take additional pictures of this bicycle or better yet, come and see it for yourself as pictures don't serve the bicycle it's just due. This is an outstanding road bike and buyer will be very pleased with it. Tuned up at Sport's Authority this past summer and ready to ride, just add air. Bike comes with water bottle and pump as well. This is a pick up in Niles, IL and serious buyers ONLY, please. This bicycle was $800 NEW.
I emailed the seller and got the the reason it is so expensive and rare.

Sure... here are a few pictures for you. It's a zip file so open it with winzip or winrar.

This bicycle belonged to my sister and she moved away this past spring. Her and her ex-husband both worked for Schwinn back in the day. I'm not positive but I think this MAY have been a custom built frame as so far as I can recall the 19 inch frame was the smallest, at least in the mens bicycles. I rode one that was a 19 inch frame and the top bar couldn't have been much closer to the bottom where it connected on the neck of the frame.

Hope these pictures help you out!

Tom

Sugar "Kane" Kowalczyk