Old 11-15-09, 01:46 AM
DJConspicious

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanks for the comments guys. I will need to get some carbide studded tires eventually but the route I take will more than likely make them useless (especially during the time I travel since I could just ride in the middle of the road because I use side streets).

I am going to be looking into fenders more, I just wanted to get an idea of how wide I would need to get them. The only problem is with the rear fenders as there is not enough room under the pannier rack. The pannier rack has a full cover so it's not like it's a big deal, it's the front I'm worried about with my suspension.

I have a nice fender kit on my road bike that I will post once I fix the tire (you can see the other bike in the background with its flat tire). But that is a daytime only bike on clear days.

I actually used the extra "P-Clamps" I have to install a light on the road-facing side of the bike on the rear;

I used some strong utility zip ties to get the rear fender in place (they are wrapped around the kick stand plate). The rear fender is meant for a seat post set up but obviously that doesn't work with a rear rack. So I turned it upside down and made it fit perfectly where it is. Looks pretty cool there too.

Last edited by DJConspicious; 11-15-09 at 01:50 AM.