Old 11-15-09, 12:42 PM
dglevy
Dopamine Junkie

Bikes: (1) Giant TCR racing bike, Ultegra/DuraAce groupo. (2) Kastle TT bike, Ultegra groupo.

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 37 Post(s)
Liked 6 Times in 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Psimet2001
....I remember paying over $65 for wiring harnesses IIRC.
hey, thanks everyone for your quick replies! i'm looking to buy one of these damn things by tomorrow so i can get my licks in before going out of town for a week while i'm still pretty fit and the weather's warm.

i'm dog tired from a killer 35 mile ride this morning (and getting dropped -- thank god for short cuts!). my brain is a bit foggy at the moment, but i'm inclined to just get the used SL and hope i can find a 2nd harness for not too much money. i'm told by the team coach that switching cassettes (from 9 speed to 10 speed) and bikes (from racing to TT) is not that much work. i'm not completely convinced but we'll see. i suppose i can always hunt for a used Pro or another SL on eBay this winter if it's a PITA switching one or two times a week.

yeah, i've heard from several people that the wires are pretty fragile. but i'm a pretty (annoyingly) fastidious person so, once they are installed, i can stay away from them.