View Single Post
Old 11-18-09, 09:33 AM
mrz80
Luddite

Bikes: 2000 Maruishi frameset w/Ultegra for the pavement, Trek 6000 for offroad and commuting

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Oops, forgot to post on Saturday... Friday night drove down to Largo to crash at the inlaws'. Saturday morning headed into the blinding sunrise and fog to Bartow for the local Rotary club's "Ride of Your Life". For a first ride it was pretty well done. They could have used a bit more signage on a couple of the turns and one of the sag stops wasn't marked well enough - organizers took notes and said they'd fix that next year. I rode the metric century, and was woefully unprepared for the work involved. The forecast had said just mild breezes, not 20MPH winds!?!?! I fell in with a small group of docs from Tampa who let me join up with them. Without our little paceline I'd have died halfway in. We made it around the 62 miles in about 5 hours, counting the rest stops. There was a nice spread of pasta and salads waiting for the finishers, as well as a pretty cool car show going on downtown. I'll definitely be back next year for this one, hopefully in better shape!