Old 11-19-09, 08:44 AM
Conti

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Replacing Revoshift shifters by something better

Hello,
I bought a bicycle 6 months ago. I initially planned to use it during the week-end. I didn't expect to ride it as much as I do now.
I commute regularly with this bike and unfortunately, I encounter problems with the shifters.

Here is the bike : Decathlon B'Twin 7
The shifters (Shimano Tourney) had to be replaced 645 miles ago because the indexing didn't work anymore. They put on Revoshift shifters. The bike has 960 miles on the clock now, and the indexing failed again.
The bike is guaranteed for 2 years. The shop will probably replace the shifters again and again without any problem. However, I'm fed up with those shifters. They're made all of plastic, and I would like something better.
The cassette has 7 gears. I thought about replacing the Revoshifts with Deore LX thumb shifters. However, I think the Deore shifters are available for 9 speeds cassettes only.
Could you suggest good thumb shifters usable with a 7 speed cassette and a flat bar ? I don't want to replace anything else than the shifters.

I've searched this website. I've also been on Shimano's website, where I searched for the word Altus which didn't bring back any result. I can't find their 7 speed shifters on their website using the menus.

I've heard about Shimano EZ-Fire 3x7. Are they correctly made or is it another piece of junk like the Revoshifts ?
Thank you.
PS : sorry for the Englich mistakes, I'm French.