View Single Post
Old 11-19-09, 10:43 AM
Lightingguy

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Stacy
I was there yesterday. The area is passable, even rideable, if you don't mind a little sandy grass. The bike path is washed out for a hundred feet or more, and the sand, below, now comes up to the bike path which has collapsed in half. I think there used to be trees and bushes in that area. Officials had already put some fencing and signs about the area.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but from what I could see as I drove past at 10mph while stuck in traffic, you can indeed ride past the west end of the "Police Line - Do Not Cross" barricade (there's also a snow fence that prevents riding on the path) on to the grassy area between the path and the guardrail of the parkway, but once you've gone that 100ft. there's a huge wooden barricade that marks the west end of the parking lot and it did not look like there was a way to ride around it, it appeared you had to lift your bike up and over the barricade, then proceed thru the parking lot and onto the path at the restroom. Did you actually find a way to ride around the wooden barricade ?.

And to Tom, thanks but no credit needed.

Steve B