JoeOxfordCT
JoeWolcottCT

Bikes: Cannondale

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by sarsparilla
zr9000 is used by Trek as well (I think they are owned by the same company... somebody correct me if I'm wrong) on their mountain bikes and road bikes. I honestly can't tell you if you'd see a big difference between ZR and the 6061 but I'd guess that if you did see one, it would mostly be in weight. I recently picked up a Trek 8500 frame (also ZR9000) and it is LIGHT, I could honestly not tell much of a difference in weight between my friend's oclv 9.8 frame and my zr9000 8500. Unfortunately I haven't actually gotten to do any trail riding on my frame so I can't really give you a review on it. I do have two friends that have been riding frames made from the zr for a few years and I've heard nothing but good things from them. Good luck on your decision.
Well that sounds good. I definitely wanted to get the best frame for my budget figuring I can always upgrade the components later. I will be riding primarily on the road for exercise and with my kids so FS & disc brakes aren't as important to me as light weight. I have done centuries, both metric & 100 milers in the past on my mtb so I could do it again if I find the time to train. Plus I can then convert my current mtb, a Trek 950 Singletrack (Cro-Mo) to a Rain/Winter bike with fenders.