Old 03-25-05, 02:25 PM
cheech

Bikes: Marin mt vision,Marin Eldridge Grade, Trek 1400 road bike

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Hamstrung

Hope you ladies and gents can help me, i've just recently got back into cycling after a 6 year gap (work,family,etc...) i've been slowly building my fitness and endurance over the last few months, i currently cycle 20 flat miles round trip to work 5 days a week and try to throw in a couple of hilly rides 25 - 30 miles during the week , with a distance ride of at least 50 miles at weekends .
Here's the problem whilst playing football (soccer) with my nephews last weekend i pulled my hamstring fairly badly, i could hardly walk for a couple of days, it's now at the point of a dull ache and if i stretch it a little i'm quickly reminded of the problem by a sharp "twinge".
I am cycling to work and back every day (20 mile round trip) this is fortunately a flat ride so i don't have to exert to much pressure at all, the problem is i'm not doing any aerobic/anaerobic work at all, i'm hoping you good people may be able to suggest some exercise(s) i can do that will give me an aerobic/anaerobic workout without putting any pressure on my injured leg ?? or is it just a case of taking it easy until the leg repairs itself ?? is there anything i can do to speed up the process ??
Any advice / suggestions you can give me would be very much appreciated