Old 11-19-09, 10:42 PM
Nachoman
well hello there

Bikes: Bill Holland (Road-Ti), Fuji Roubaix Pro (back-up), Bike Friday (folder), Co-Motion (tandem) & Trek 750 (hybrid)

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 503 Post(s)
Liked 336 Times in 206 Posts
Originally Posted by Doohickie
If there is something about the new format that you would like to see corrected, post about that. Include a suggested solution. Don't just complain, that doesn't help the mods make this place better.

As I understand it, the previous version of the forum was becoming unstable, as evidenced by the frequent downtime. In an effort to fix this the BF team decided to go to the next generation of forum software. I don't think going back is an option; BF is by far one of the busiest forums on the net, and things would only get less and less stable.

So we have vBulletin 4.0. Yesterday things were very clunky, posting took a long time, and the whole thing seemed kind of unstable. Things have settled down now. The colors are a little different. I personally was satisfied with the old colors, but the new ones aren't too bad. The fonts in the editing boxes, and also those in the post snippets under post titles, are kind of small. I've mentioned this in a few spots and hopefully the mods can address this at some point.

Rather than just venting at the powers that be, if you are not satisfied with some aspect of the new software, try to turn it into a constructive suggestion. Don't simply say, "I hate the fonts"; be specific: "The fonts in the post snippets and the editing boxes seem disproportionately small." Give them suggestions they can do something about.

If your suggestion is "Bring back the old format," save your keystrokes, cuz I'm pretty sure that train has left the station, folks.

So get used to the new BF, report issues that can be fixed, and please, please, please, stop cluttering up the New Posts search with "Wah wah wah I can't adjust!" threads.

(Yes, I realize this one probably falls into that bucket too.)

I, for one, embrace our new vBulletin 4.0verlords.
Yes!

Two wheels good. Four wheels bad.