Old 11-20-09, 08:27 AM
RedC

Bikes: Trek Navigator, LeMond Buenos Aires, Madone 5.9, S-Works Roubaix

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by trobinson017
Oh man, I just searched this site for "Highland Bike Fest" and nothing came up, so I posted a new thread to find out if anyone else is riding!! But, YES! I'm arriving Friday afternoon and riding Sat/Sun but not the Century. I've been off the bike for many years and just now getting back into it. Did a 31 mile ride last weekend and my "nether regions" didn't appreciate it. Simple chafing issues. My legs and lungs were just fine. I'll probably do the Saturday 51 and Sunday 29. I ride an old Cannondale H300 hybrid with the CAD1 frame so I'm going to keep it easy for now. Would like to meet you there just so I'll know somebody!

Tim
The easiest way to find info on the event is www.kenilworthlodge.com. Members of our local club will be manning the registration desk so if you ask how to find the old fat guy named Red who rides the red and white Lemond Buenos Aires someone will point me out. This event last year was the first even I'd ever attended, I just started riding last year, I saw my odometer turn 50 miles for the first time but went home with a really sore behind. Now that I have 4000 miles on that saddle I'm in less pain and I've help mark the routes for the events three times so I'm less ignorant than I was last year.

Our roads don't have the mountains of Clermont and for the most part our routes go through pretty back roads with very little traffic and spending a couple of days in a neat old hotel filled with cyclists is kinda fun.

See you there Tim.

Red