Old 11-20-09, 01:12 PM
nwmtnbkr

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by stonez
Hi All

I am new here and have an ebike that has 24" wheel. I have problems controling it as the front mounted battery is very heavy. n being 5.6feet height. Its no problems cycling alone but when i have a pillion, the bike gets shaky. would changing it to a 18" alloy ebike wheel 18X2.125 or 18x2.5 work? This i hope would shift the center of gravity lower. any pros or cons? please advise. thanks!
If you feel up to the challenge, relocating the battery to another area on the bike could help tremendously with controlling the bike. Many with Diamond Frame bikes like to mount their batteries in the frame since they have a lower center of gravity than sitting on top of a rear rack. I have the Currie conversion kit with rear mounted battery rack where the batteries are placed into holders on the side of the rack rather than the top and this makes it much easier to handle the bike. In your case, even setting the battery on top of a rear rack would probably give you more control. Moving the battery may require that you rewire. If you don't feel comfortable are there any bike stores in your area willing to work on e-bikes? I think relocating the battery would be the best option for improving control. Good luck.