Old 11-22-09, 01:15 AM
b-roca
Intermediate MTB Rider

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Front Derailleur Problem

Hi i'm new here all the way from New Zealand and have joined to get your help with my front deraillerur (sorry if the spelling it incorrect) problem

Ok so i ride a Haro Flightline Comp 08 and i love the bike i spend the whole day practicing my wheelies and bunny hops. But the bike has always had problems with the front deraillerur, i have to be pedaling extremely fast to even give it a chance to change gear which is difficult because in the area where i live it is very hilly so i change gears regulary. Ok so it will change down really easily but if i try and change up a gear it will just make the chain rub and it won't change gear so pretty much the only way to change gear is with my hands which is really anoyying.

I know there is a problem with the front derailleur (its not 100% user error ) because when i am in 13th gear the chain will rub on the derailleur

I don't know much about bikes (i build computers not bikes ) i don't want to take my bike to the bike shop because you know when you send your bike to the mechanics they can never find the problems. But if you could tell me how to fix it in simple terms it would be much appriciated