View Single Post
Old 11-22-09, 06:17 PM
invisiblehand
Part-time epistemologist

Bikes: Jamis Nova, Bike Friday triplet, Bike Friday NWT, STRIDA, Austro Daimler Vent Noir, Hollands Tourer

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 122 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Originally Posted by buelito
i picked up a Burley Django on craigslist in DC about 3 weeks ago... the owner had it 3 years and if it had been ridden 50 miles (total) that was a lot! It was basically NEW. I have now ridden it a few times, including commuting (50 miles round trip) to work. I am still on the learning curve, given my main ride prior to this was a fixed-gear bike (no shifting), and on the recumbent I am shifting all the time. Takes some getting used to... My goal at this point is that this bike will become my commuter, and if I don't get clearance from my doc to go back to upright bikes, i will get a high racer in the spring for weekend rides.

I think the comments about different size wheels are tright-on. I thought it was just me bieng a little wobbly, but there is something to be said for the different sized wheels. Never-the-less, i am getting used to it, and it is actually enjoyable. I tend to forget to shift until half-way up a hill, so there is some re-learning to be done, but it is a fun ride.

Enjoy!

train safe-
I actually rode the WOD through Reston today. I plan on doing some spinning Thanksgiving weekend, hopefully in time to work out the bugs for a commute the following week.