View Single Post
Old 11-22-09, 06:23 PM
invisiblehand
Part-time epistemologist

Bikes: Jamis Nova, Bike Friday triplet, Bike Friday NWT, STRIDA, Austro Daimler Vent Noir, Hollands Tourer

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 122 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Originally Posted by charly17201
As far as mounting a light and computer look at my post in "Total Geekiness" http://www.bikeforums.net/showthread...=1#post8950018 #1777. You'll see my light set up mounted on a "T" bar I got from bike Nashbar.

My airhorn (AirZounds) is mounted on the right handlebar and I snaked/wrapped the air bottle over and zip-tied it to the left side of the handlebar (I have a SWB USS 20/26 also). I did it at first as a trial and all is working great with it like that.

I got my kickstand at my (not so local) LBS. It is a heavier duty than 'normal' and a universal mount that clamps on near the dropout. I can't read the name on it tonight, but will try again in the daylight. It works great!
Cool. I'm surprised that sticking the t-bar + light doesn't interfere with the crank. I guess that is why you have the light in the center.

I thought about mounting the air zound -- that is the air horn that I have -- on the USS bar. Doesn't it get close to the ground?

Looking forward to the kickstand reference. Looks like tomorrow I will be on the phone for a bit!