Old 11-22-09, 10:31 PM
Bearach

Bikes: Barcroft Virginia GT, Softride Roadwing, 1987 Fuso 30th annivesary with modern Campy components

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Janet--I did make the swap in 2009, but to a Euromesh. I found one for sale at hostel shoppe classifieds, and couldn't pass up the price. With a drill, accurate measuring and drilling, I adapted it by using the existing RANS seat brackets. I was also able to use the existing RANS seat braces on the Virginia. I had to bend both of them inward a bit, but no problem doing it. The conversion only took me a couple to hours to complete. The seat is very comfortable with the foam. At this point I have no need to go to anything else. It is also lightweight. I think the Euromesh weighs in at 2.5 lbs. This modification along with switching to Thracian wheelset (Also a bargain found at Hostel Shoppe Classifieds) make my bike about 3 lbs lighter than the stock Chrome moly framed Virginia GT

Good luck

Originally Posted by jehargis
Barry:

I'm wondering if you ever did the swap. I have a Virginia Ti and want to do the same thing. I don't like the Euromesh seat, but before I buy the Swanson, I want to make sure it works.

thanks,

Janet