View Single Post
Old 11-23-09, 08:49 AM
Stray8

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by arrowman
I guess the thing holding me back is there enough rides to make the cost worth while.
Naturally we're all a bit biased here, but it's definitely worth it. Especially if you're losing your vision, tandem riding is your best bet to keep cycling as part of your regimen.

While we have ridden with tandems in a group of singles they tend to be in the back.
Why would this matter? Are you riding or racing?

My questions are these: Are there tandem only rides? As a tandem team do you ride by yourself during the week and on weekends? While this may me jumping the gun anyone done the ride across Iowa on their tandem. We were thinking about this ride on singles and I"m not sure how much harder it would be on a Tandem.
Tandems only rides are rare but they do happen where there are active tandem bike clubs. I do neighborhood riding with the wife and kids and we are pretty much always the only tandem. If you are already in shape to do a cross state ride on a single bike then you should be okay for completing the same trip on a tandem bike. In fact, if you're touring, it would likely be might be more fun.