Old 11-23-09, 03:56 PM
LoRoK
a.k.a. QUADZILLA

Bikes: Super Pista, Basso, Big Dummy

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I use the small size NYC. Whether you go with Evo Mini or Fagettaboutit, you don't really have to worry having enough room in the lock. If you are trying to get part of the frame (seat-stays or downtube) you'll have trouble sometimes but it's not needed. Seriously. I get rear and front wheel and fat-ass parking meter all with just the one small NYC lock. If you lock the wheel inside the rear triangle, the wheel is not coming off of the frame. You don't need to lock the frame also. If you can, great, but it's not needed. Also, grab a little peanut butter wrench or something and just pop the front wheel off and lock it up also. It takes only a few seconds, you don't have to carry around a cable, and it makes your bike look like you've taken precautions to prevent theft, which could in turn lead to a thief walking right past your bike without even checking it out on the way to some other bike on the rack. I don't trust cables at all. In fact I was considering getting a cable for my saddle, but I decided that I felt more secure with the BB+superglue method.