View Single Post
Old 11-23-09, 11:59 PM
cyclezealot

Bikes: Klein QP, Fuji touring, Surly Cross Check, BCH City bike

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1485 Post(s)
Liked 73 Times in 64 Posts
We were on tour.. 3 cycling buddies on a sag tour of the desert.. All our riders stuff was carried on a sag wagon... there were about 30 on tour.. so we arrived at the camp site.. The sag truck was parked atop a hill...
.Proud to say one of my bike buddies turned out to be the tour's "Captain America." While most of the riders were chicken little... .. Well, the truck's brakes either failed or else the emergency brakes were not successfully applied..The truck rolled down the hill heading towards the camp's office building. Luckily all the screaming resulted in the tents and people downstream to move out of the way... . / So my bike buddy became our hero.. He run up to the truck , boarded it and stopped the truck from rolling downhill any further.. My cycling bud received a free tour as a result of his bravery.. As all ran out of the way of a moving truck , he jumped aboard.. Had he not , it likely would have ran smack into a building . Total damage, one tent was run over with no one inside..

^ Since January 1, 2012