Old 03-26-05, 11:51 AM
Maelstrom 
Wood Licker

Bikes: Trek Fuel EX 8 27.5 +, 2002 Transition Dirtbag, Kona Roast 2002

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Just made this realization on another board I frequent...It was a discussion about "whats wrong with me, these vids suck" This is what I just realized as I was typing out my complaint about why this comp sucks.

Me too. And being bored at work I spent a lot of time thinking of why. It has to be progression. It doesn't feel like we are going anywhere. Some mild to impressive tricks at times. Lots of dirtjumps with tricks that, at this point it seems, every kid can do, especially if they migrate from bmx. No one really riding a trail until this round (thank god) and without trails whats the point of the mtbike. Guys aren't going any bigger than lots of kids from kelowna, nelson and cali (the odd exception)

Until this round I haven't seen anything beyond Dereks vid (that was the guy with the wire teeter I think) that got me the least bit excited. The front flip looks promising because very few people attempt it and I think its only been landed a couple of times (on a mtbike)

Maybe this is the fault of my mindset, but I watch these vids expecting to see the next Wade etc. But in reality these kids are 10-15 years behind, they very could be the next Wade (in the progression of things) I guess maybe I have to start looking at these vids like I watch OHL ([edit]this is minor league hockey BTW[/edit]) games. Look for potential, not current...(I think typing this out just made me find why I haven't been stoked about these vids haha)