Peter_C
I am the Snail~!

Bikes: 2010 TerraTrike Rover 8

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
+1 to
You just need to concentrate on getting better and work on your range of motion, etc. so you can get on the bike when your body feels up to it.
UPDATE

OK - last Thursday my primary DR decided to start me on "Bystolic" again as my heart rate is going too high. Well, today I saw my Heart DR (first time since the Heart Cath - so the TKR, the Kidney failure, etc are all new stuff for him)

Weight today was 349LBS - DAMN IT! I'm going the wrong dang way!!! Was 342 morning of surgery. DR is pleased with a total weight loss of 28LBS since my heart cath, and the smoking - was happy to hear that as well. He changed no meds - so that is good, give me more samples - so that will help! Next APPT in six months (a good sign)

While waiting for the PT guy to show up, I did 5 laps on my driveway. Knew that 'Rollator' would come in handy! Am bout at the point of being able to walk fairly normal now, (which you can't do with a walker) but can with a Rollator - sorta like pushing a shopping cart but with a chair ready and waiting for you (and brakes too).

So, my RoM is now 7 to 102 degrees, and I have lost 1cm of swelling around my knee. The PT guy is going the other way, I need to give the tissue time to heal, etc... I know that - why I am watching the swelling so closely, and making sure I do not fall.

Anyhow, knee DR tomorrow, so we shall see...