View Single Post
Old 03-26-05, 04:37 PM
Blackberry
In Memory of One Cool Cat

Bikes: Lemond Victoire, Cannondale.Mountain Bike, two 1980s lugged steel Treks, ancient 1980-something Giant mountain bike converted into a slick tired commuter with mustache handlebars, 1960-something Raleigh Sports

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by wpflem
Many highly educated professionals (I'm speaking mostly of doctors) shun PC's.

Hey, I love the story about your Uncle especially the glass jar as a water bottle. A decade ago I hired a young Navajo guide to take me up to Hunt's Mesa so I could get a beautiful overview of Monument Valley. Well, I don't think he knew a safe route. I found myself very precariously climbing up an extremely steep sandstone cliff trying to balance myself, my tripod, and large format camera; but it was the glass bottle of Gatorade in my pants pocket that really bothered me. My guide had one also so situated. I could just see one of us falling and bleeding to death from a femoral artery puncture. So I called off the shoot.

Don't believe I've ever seen a biker use a glass water bottle. I would love to go riding with your Uncle and his friends.

Are you still shooting with large format? That's the real deal!