View Single Post
Old 11-25-09, 04:30 PM
NoReg
Banned

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 1 Post
I don't really have fears over touring. It really isn't that different from everyday life as a risk profile. I can get all worked up over stuff. Normally stuff where I perceive some kind of social pressure. And that can translate into various anxieties. If I keep a positive attitude, those things don't bother me. It is less about fear for me than just situations that end up feeling uncomfortable.

One fear that probably needs a separate category on the list is dog attacks... Normally those don't scare me, but they can certainly get my attention. I'm more likely to have a bad day over being angry about owners, than scared about dogs.

Obviously there is always some place that will get to you. I am very comfortable in traffic, but it would only take one bad accident, or possibly exposure to a crazy driving culture, to change one's feelings on that. And that same kind of thing applies to other risks, I have heard scary stories about feral dogs. So I would prefer to accept objective risks than higher levels of social risk. I would rather ride a mountain ridge, than Indian traffic from what I have heard.

Last edited by NoReg; 11-25-09 at 04:38 PM.