cyclinfool
gone ride'n

Bikes: Simoncini, Gary Fisher, Specialized Tarmac

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by Road Fan
I've been rather sad for a while that so many on this and numerous other cycling sites take a self-righteous attitude (far less here at the codger's table, I must say). I do think the fireman got off way too lightly in terms of legal action, since this seems from 1000 miles away that it may have been attempted manslaughter and certainly an ill-considered act of anger, but as the guy in the other smaller vehicle, I don't want to drive any loony to that point if I can help it. Not so much turning the other cheek, just preserving my butt and other body parts.
Me too and I must confess I almost stop participating last summer when we had the gun tote'n threads. I can't say what the right sentence was - I was not on scene and not at the trial, only have the article to go by and we all should know by now that the media has less to do with reporting fact and more to do with sensationalism. I will say again - if part of his sentence did not include counseling then it was indeed incorrect.

It's not about turning the other cheek, it's about tolerence. Road rage is a horrible emotional act - and this sounded more like road rage to me. Once a person looses themselves to this state of mind all reason goes out the window. This is much to complicated an issue to cover here but I am glad that there are others that see there is a better coarse to follow.