View Single Post
Old 11-28-09, 12:12 PM
dabac

Mentioned: 46 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1074 Post(s)
Liked 295 Times in 222 Posts
Originally Posted by Paniolo
The rear hub is 21 spoke and they are NOT evenly spaced but use the Campy G3 pattern. ....Frankly in looking at it I don't see how the straight pull spokes can be angled any different than they were in the stock G3 arrangement
OK, that was another combo than what appeared at ny first search. You should be able to keep the spoke configuration at the hub, and then use a 28H rim leaving every 4th hole empty.
From the rim's perspective the DS will be laced just as it always would be, and then you'd only use every 2nd of the spoke holes in the rim allotted for the NDS spokes.
It'll give you spokes grouped in 3s, with only a moderate angular difference in comparison with the stock lace pattern.
The front looks like it's got 16 spokes, that gets a bit more iffy. Best bet is probably to use a 32H rim. If you get one with a low profile you might get away with using every 2nd hole in the rim.
A high profile rim will give you a lateral lean in every 2nd spoke(which will be sitting in the wrong hole) that might give you trouble. Another option is to go for a really stiff rim, and lace it two used, two empty.
That'll get rid of the lateral lean for you, but give great chunks of unsupported rim. Should be doable though, if the rim is stiff enough.
But I gotta tell you, I don't mind leaving empty holes in the hubs much, but I wouldn't be entirely comfortable with leaving empty holes in the rim.
If you want to trade one odd rim for another, get a 48H and use every 3rd hole. Should come out nice and symmetric laced to a 16H hub.