View Single Post
Old 11-28-09, 03:25 PM
greaterbrown

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I couldn't quite take advantage of my rare Saturday off in the way I wanted (riding a long ride), because I was still worried about my head. Sheesh, I really whacked myself good. The pillow case I used last night will have to go to the trash. yuck.
I slept in till almost 9AM. Head still felt sore, but not bleeding. So I put the COHO in the car and drove up to the 7th district Elementary sch. start. Felt weird to drive to a start.
I mis-estimated the travel time and got there just as riders were leaving. I locked the car jumped on the bike and chased, but I couldn't see where they all went. Damn. I guessed at a street and took off down it, but after a mile of seeing no one, I turned around and went back to the start. Luckily, some one had left a cue sheet on their car. I grabbed it and left again, trying to keep up a brisk pace. I passed a few riders who had been dropped, but they were doing a short version of the route.

I never managed to catch the main group until the rest. All the wind today definitely disavantaged a single rider, but I think I was not far behind. Lunch was at the 31 mile pt. at the Amish Markets in Shrewsbury. Very nice. Rode back with the group, but the pace of the roadie set is not right for me. Too fast or too slow. Anyway, we got back to the parking lot around 1:30pm. It felt strange to be ending the ride at only 50 miles.

BTW. Harry, where were you?

Last edited by greaterbrown; 11-28-09 at 03:29 PM.