Old 11-29-09, 03:09 PM
Niles H.
eternalvoyage

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Discovering Hidden Gems?

On a recent tour, I came across an area that was such a beautiful hidden gem, that it started me wondering.

...how we get directed to places

...whether it might be possible to more-consciously optimize these discoveries (or these processes)

...whether they can be optimized in different ways (quantity, quality, frequency, depth, aliveness, newness)

...whether there are other sorts of hidden gems, in addition to places (the geographical ones)

...what is it that makes for hidden gems -- and what is at the heart of hidden gems

New discoveries?

Falling in love with a place, person, process, day, moment, light, scene, setting, mode of action...?

Openness to the new?

Putting aside the old ways, labels, interpretations, 'knowings'?

Simple wandering, into unknown destinations?

Shelving the known?

The cessation of noise?

Looking back on the time I spent in that place, I have to say that it also had something to do with stopping, in this case at least.

When I stopped to lie down in the sun for a couple of hours, rest and have lunch, I started appreciating and seeing my surroundings differently. It was absolutely beautiful and magic.

Another time, I could have been in the same place and been so occupied with some problem or project or activity or set of thoughts, that I wouldn't have connected with or appreciated the place in the same way.

There is probably more to this.

Last edited by Niles H.; 11-29-09 at 08:07 PM.