Old 11-29-09, 05:36 PM
loopybunny
team autobus

Bikes: 2009 Trek 1.5; 2009 Trek 6000; 1995 Specialized Hardrock

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
After a week of vacation and pretty much having a tough time getting out and riding any significant distance, I finally pushed myself into a longer ride today. I did an out and back of 18.65 mi, ave 14.4 mph, max 19.8 mph, in 1:17.43 min. My back was bothering me once I hit about mile 12. Grr...

Almost got into an accident too. If you happen to know anybody driving a white PT Cruiser or a grey Vibe that was going to the post office on Sylvan at Oakdale Rd today, remind them rudely to not make right hand turns in front of cyclists. Not only that, but they shouldn't stop midturn right in front of a cyclist. I literally missed hitting the passenger door of the Vibe by inches and was barely able to "clip out" in time as I came to a stop. Thing that gets me, even though I yelled at the top of my lungs, neither of the people in the car seemed to notice I was there.

What really surprised me is that it's a gorgeous day here. About 60 deg through the entire ride, yet I only saw one other cyclist out. Not warm enough for a lot of people or are they recovering from the holiday?

Originally Posted by 7bmwm3gtr
Yesterday I rode my first century. I can’t say i planned to, but i can’t say i did. It all depended on how i felt, and yesterday i felt great! The Wind was challenging, but riding against 15-17mph headwinds did not discourage me!
Awesome! Both that you rode your first century and that you braved the horrible wind.