Old 11-30-09, 06:05 AM
meanwhile

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by M_S

Quote Originally Posted by cs1 View Post
You mean sheeple. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sheeple Just because everyone else is doing it doesn't mean we all have to.
I've used both styles, thanks. My point is that if one prefers integrated shifter/brake levers, as is often the case in racing (i.e., "most people") then using a long pull road lever is not an option. Nowhere in my post do I criticize your personal equipment choice, I was simply pointing out that your suggestion does little good to most people looking to retrofit their cross bikes with v brakes. You like bar-ends, great. I get it. I like being able to shift and brake fromt he same position when racing, as do most people.
The "sheeple" word is not a good one - and often seems to be favoured by people who are rather prone to group-think themselves.

Re shifters and hand size in general:
I like bar end shifters personally. But I like Campag brifters more - if Shimano brifters are too small for your hands then Campag shifters are very worth looking at. I don't think there would be a problem with using them with small hands either. If you've not seen one then it may help to know that Tektro single speed brake hoods are very close to being a copy - although the Campag hoods seem to be made of a slightly grippy and more comfortable plastic. So $25 spent on ebay would give you a very good idea whether you'd get on with the Campags.