Old 03-27-05, 11:43 AM
DnvrFox
Banned.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 12 Times in 10 Posts
Originally Posted by Travelinguyrt
I have a lot of respect for folks who have turned their backs on some of the "new" tech stuff.
It was "spozzed" to save us all time and money by doing things so much faster and cheaper. Guess what? It really hasn't happened. Super market scanners were intro'ed with the idea they would save, save, save.Save what? Now the home improvement stores have self serve registers. No cash savings there that I have noticed, 'cept for they cut down on another salary. Course the upper level corp. types still have gargantuan platinum salaries, savings for shoppers? not Bl==dy likely

I'm curious what biographers and historians will have, 100 years in the future, to research when there are so few WRITTEN letters? E-Mails?

I write letters to friends when I travel. Sure it takes time, but its pleasurable for me to do it, and the response I get from those to whom I write delights me.

It may be called snail mail but it serves my purpose, plus its so much more personal than putrs

I have a bud who calls putr screen names and profiles "phantom friends", they come and go so very fast

Get on a fone and try to talk with a humanoid; keep hitting the buttons and they all direct you to another button and you are left with no answers, and at the end if you wait long enuf u finally get a human who can answer a direct question.
Sure I have a putr, but I don't allow it to command my free time and I certainly have a life beyond the tech stuff.

The idea that to be comfy I must keep buying upgrades to keep abreast of modern tech seems to be self defeating
Hate to ask, but given your statements and attitude, why are you posting on an electronic news group using technology?

Wouldn't a letter written personally to all 10,000 members be more personal?