Old 12-01-09, 07:17 PM
UniGeezer
Not "2" Tired

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked 28 Times in 12 Posts
Originally Posted by yak
Hey Geez, great videos. I was noticing the eye loop on the mounting block, and thinking it could be used to connect to a short fishing reel to reel it back in for repeated shots, like maybe shooting a section of a race. What's a typical rope length (and gradient) for theses types of shots?
Thanks. yeah I put those eye hooks in so i could connect a thin "tow line" for both pulling the rig to the start point, especially for those high, overhead starts, and also to lash it to the tree to keep it from getting away!

The gradient varies, and now I use a "speed controller" which allows me to govern how fast the rig will go on steep descents. You can see it in the later clip where I'm riding the technical terrain. It was super steep and without the controller it would have zipped down the entire 150 foot length of line in less than 5 seconds! I use a thin, flat leather strip which attaches to the body of the rig with velcro. I slip the strip over the line and I can adjust the amount of tension/friction it creates on the line by simply moving each side of the strip up or down.

Last edited by UniGeezer; 12-01-09 at 07:20 PM.