View Single Post
Old 12-02-09, 06:04 PM
Digital_Cowboy

Bikes: Specialized Hardrock Mountain (Stolen); Giant Seek 2 (Stolen); Diamondback Ascent mid 1980 - 1997

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 62 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Originally Posted by CB HI
We have the "City and County of Honolulu", so all "Honolulu" laws apply to the entire island of Oahu. If you are able to prove that you are a tourist who flew their bike over and have a return flight, you get off without a bike confiscation.
How many tourists actually carry their tickets with them? Especially these days with e-tickets.

She got her bike back on her own by going down and paying the $15 registration fee and $20 late fee.
That's good, but she shouldn't have had to pay their extortion to get it back.

The City and State both ignore the Federal Soldier and Sailor Act and other Federal laws. Although it is against federal laws, they require people to either change their registration to Hawaii or get a blue decal each year for the back of the car which also requires an annual safety inspection (defacto Hawaii registration while being able to keep your other state plates). Military members have not taken it to court because they only charge about $10 for the Hawaii plates and then $0.50 each year the annual plate sticker. The other decal probably cost $10 now each year.
I've gotta say that I'm glad that I was never stationed in Hawaii.