View Single Post
Old 12-06-09, 12:10 AM
OldPilot

Bikes: 2007 Giant OCR C3, 1991 Specialized Sirrus Triple & 2002 Diamondback Response

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanks, is there any truth to the statement that you need to replace your bike every 10 years? Is it mileage dependent? Does it have anything to do with frame material (steel, aluminum, carbon fiber, titanium)? I am looking for a new bike, I am hooked to this sport (I think about biking 24/7). I have narrowed my choices to Cannondale Synapse 6, Fuji CCR3, Scattante CFR Sport, Allez Compact Elite, Motobecane Century Elite & Motobecane Immortal Pro. I want to treat myself to a new bike and train for a metric century. If the metric century goes well then try a full 100 Miles "Century". I want a bike that will last, not a beat me after a long ride & a frame that is worthy of upgrading as I get better in the sport. I took the Bianchi Imola off the list, I was told that a steel frame wouldn't be as durable or worth upgrading.

Any training advise for the metric century & standard century? Is is like running sprints, tempo, cross-training & slow long distance? I have tube repair kit (tire irons, tube scabs & CO2 pump), bike multi tool & spare tube. What else do I need? I don't use water bottle I use my camel-back (100 oz plenty of H2O). Thanks