View Single Post
Old 03-28-05, 08:31 AM
KirkeIsWaiting
the dog ate my earbuds

Bikes: Colnago CT-1 B-stay Campy Carbon Record, '05 Litespeed Siena Campy, Bridgestone X03 , Peugeot dream bike gets FIXED, Waterford Campy Record Colbalto, Motobecane Tandem in perfect condition, A Belgium made Bertin that was sent by an angel

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by pj7
Smoked tobacco (various forms) for about 15 years. Smoked a pipe for the last 8 years and cigarettes when a pipe was not reasonable (is any of it really reasonable?) which equated to about 1 pack every two days.
This weekend, Friday, Saturday, and Sunday I rode about 35 miles total. 8.5 on Friday, 12.5 on Saturday, and 14 on Sunday. My lungs gave out before my overweight body did. When I got home from my 14 mile ride on Sunday I packed my pipe and sat for a relaxing smoke, ugh, it was aweful! I cleaned the pipe, put it away, and tossed my cigs in the trash. If riding is going to affect my ability to enjoy a smoke, and smoking is going to affect my ability to enjoy a nice 15-20 mile ride, then to hell with the tobacco. Thus today is my first day as a non smoker since I was a teenager and I already feel better, both mentally and physically.
Now let's see how I feel after my 15 mile ride today.

CHEERS! It's tough, I'm there too. Day 29. If you feel the urge, pm me. I'll tell how I got thru the first couple of weeks. I wish you luck and deep breathes!