Old 12-06-09, 09:55 PM
ShawnBeau

Bikes: 1985 Fuji Opus III - 1985 Fuji Club Fuji

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by unworthy1
Correct, AFAIK this is one of the "other" Bianchis, with the Firenze fleur-de-lys in the badge. There's not much info on this make, but it's been mentioned on the CR list before. Looks like a nice stylish beater for a "very cheap" price(I'd offer less than $100)...fun project.
I saw it, I liked the frame because of the cool lugs on it, but it obviously wasn't the Bianchi that I thought it was, so I offered him $50 because most of the parts look like junk (I think the rims are obviously garbage), and the Campy components will need some polishing (but work) but the frame is neat looking, even in it's current rustyfied state, and I was thinking about making a single speed freewheel bike, and figured that this would be neat after getting some of the rust off.

I wonder what it used to look like, neat pin striping on the bike with the pretty (heavy looking) chrome lugs etc. The bike is heavy, weighing in at 32 lbs with all the components on it.

Yes, it does have a Fleur De Lys sticker on the front, but it is missing most of the other stickers, where it presumably had the model and tubing name... here's some pictures. Let me know if you have any other information about this thing, and what you think I should do with it (be nice fellas, I am not an expert here), I will google the acid bath you mentioned.