View Single Post
Old 12-07-09, 01:01 PM
old and new

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Don't know about the modern adj..... etc. types. Serta makes a VG straight up comfy mattress from the get go. They're reasonably priced, perfect for guest rooms as nobody hates 'm. SEALY makes the toughest ones.
@ your weight (or better back then @ times) with the wife, absolutely NO sagging afer more years than I'll admit to having it. I would STILL have it but I moved. IT and other items would've req. just enough more space to req. a second moving van. I got a dif. brand down here and HATE it, it's messin' me up. I often resort to the Serta equipt guest room or my easychair for relief. I've tried other brands, I'm old, so it's in the math. I've had rental places etc. too. I've bought over a dozen brand new matts. in my time. Not including the motel cheapo types for college kids and rental props. S & F, Simmons... VG but more a "old folks" matt. (no offence to whom..)
A good Sealy, a less fancy model but X-firm cost less than the really fancy ones at hi-end dept. stores, 1K dif. in price. The manes aren't tractable for ep: Duke vs Viscount; Prince vs Royal... see the pattern ? Just get extra firm ( XX firm) FIRMER the BETTER.
Don't spend the extra for Ultra Super Fancy ones at Macy's or ??? Dif. is a horsehair layer (yecchh). And you needn't get that silly ultra plush thin top layer either unless you've no choice.(the wife may want it but..)