Old 12-08-09, 04:53 PM
Nermal

Bikes: Giant Cypress SX

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 79 Post(s)
Liked 10 Times in 6 Posts
Originally Posted by AdamDZ
My pressure with drugs, early this year, was 110-120s over 70s without drugs and 140s over 90s without when not riding every day and not watching the diet, I stopped the meds once for two weeks to check. The drugs cause fatigue and dry mouth that makes exercise harder at times. My doctor didn't like my little test and discouraged any further experimentation. But he may just be cautious. Now, since I've been riding daily for almost a year my pressure is even lower 110/65, etc. So I've been thinking again.

Adam
Your readings without drugs and with riding make me wonder why you are on meds in the first place.

My bp has improved dramatically, but there are a couple of caveats in order. I was diagnosed with diabetes about 5 years ago, and started watching the diet and walking twice daily. After a year, I switched to riding. After a total of three years walking, riding, and paying closer attention to diet, my readings dropped from mid 140/mid 80 to mid 120/mid 70s. This was while on hyzaar 100/25. On doctor's advice, I started splitting the pills and taking 1/2 dose per day. It's working fine.

I'm another "just a guy", but again, I doubt you have any reason for medication. If this upsets your doctor, that might be the thing you consider changing. Just my opinion.

Last edited by Nermal; 12-08-09 at 04:54 PM. Reason: Clarification