Old 12-08-09, 05:13 PM
dadoes
Ride that bike!

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
My season went really well I think, at least better than I expected. My first goal was to top 20, then get a call-up, and finally a good result at states. All achieved. I am also thinking about next year. Although, apparently a winter series is in the works.

What worked: Listening and learning from experienced riders and following their lines in practice. I ran tubulars the last several races and I believe this gave me confidence on technical terrain. My single ring worked pretty well, not so much at the beginning of the season but as the season went on my fitness and power increased. I also think my bike is fine, but bringing another bike for the pits would have helped me on at least three occasions. Oh, almost forgot I used embro this year - awesome!

What I need to do is learn more about fitness, peaking and specialized training. I began doing tabata intervals this year and I believe they helped a lot. Actually, I think they made all the difference for me. But, my knowledge in this area is limited and I am considering getting a coach.

My goals for next year are consistent top tens and upgrade to CAT 3. As far as equipment, I plan to get some lighter tubulars and put some file treads on my current wheels. So Fango's or Grifo's on my everyday race wheels, and Grifo XS on my special occasion/pit wheels. I ordered a skin suit - not an upgrade, but I will look cooler.