Old 12-09-09, 06:50 PM
tymmchn

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Tnc scooters

Originally Posted by evblazer
In the small motors thread someone pointed to this site. Has anyone ever used their stuff?
for example I was looking that the item: MY1016Z3 24 Volt, 350 Watt, 3300 RPM, 19.2 Amp, permanent-magnet motor. Gear Ratio: 88:9 (9.778).

http://tncscooters.com/product.php?sku=106115

It seems if I could run that through a 36 tooth sproket on the left hand side of the crank (like the stokemonkey) then I'd have a little bit of assist through the BB. It is heavier then the one pointed out but it also include the mounting bracket.
TNC Scooters sells the Unite motors and their customer service is excellent. I use the motors in miniature railroad equipment, and they have proven to be vey reliable and well made. The motors I use are MY-1020B. Any of the Unite motors is going to be a real bargain, and they will deliver a lot of power. In fact, I have never had such good experience with electric motors. Unite builds larger motor for electric vehicles, and all their technology is based on the use of Neodymium magnets. PM motors have never had it so good.