Thread: A Few Questions
View Single Post
Old 12-12-09, 07:35 AM
bbattle

Bikes: 2014 Trek Domane 5.2, 1985 Pinarello Treviso, 1990 Gardin Shred, 2006 Bianchi San Jose

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 62 Post(s)
Liked 28 Times in 13 Posts
There will be a gap in the numbers when a post is deleted.

If you click the "iSpy" button just under the Bike Forums name, you'll get the latest posts from all the forums. Not what you wanted but that's as close as I could figure out.

Originally Posted by Climer
I'm fairly new here and have a few questions for anyone who may know.

If a post gets removed, will there be a gap in the message numbers, or will the messages then renumber themselves? E.g., if post #4 gets removed, will the list go #1, #2, #3, #5, etc. or will #5 become the new #4?

Is there a way to review all the new posts in a given forum at once, regardless of what thread they were posted on? For instance, I would like to be able to read a list of all new posts to the Touring forum from newest to oldest regardless of what thread they were posted on, if possible. That will save time as opposed to clicking on each thread in the Touring forum to find the new ones.

Often when I'm composing a message, by the time I hit "submit" I'm told that I have to log in again because for some reason I get timed out after a short period of time. Is there a setting somewhere where I can stay logged in regardless of how long it takes me to compose the post?

What exactly does "+1" mean? I gather it's a way of expressing approval of someone else's post but don't know where the lingo comes from.

Thanks! Love this place.