Allister
Devilmaycare Cycling Fool

Bikes: 1998 Cannondale F700

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by clevernamehere
I want my response to be a positive article discussing how well cyclists & motorists can share the road when they respect each other & behave appropriately... basically I want to balance a very negative article with a more positive one.
What on Earth for? For every reasoned response to trolls like this, there's a thousand dickheads following along with more crap about how horrible cyclists are. There's little to no benefit in trying to be nice to people like this. My response is fairly simple: All I ask is that every road user follow the rules or get the **** off the road.

This pinhead should be one of the first to hand in his keys, as whilst he complains about cyclists not following the rules (which is fair enough) he conveniently fails to make any complaints about motorists doing the same thing, and in fact declares in his closing sentence that he's not even prepared to follow them himself, vis:
I will share the road only with bikes that have the required features mentioned above.
Problems are not caused by cyclists disobeying the rules. It's caused by road users not obeying the rules, whatever their vehicle of choice. If this writer wants to make a difference in that, the best place to start would be setting his own house in order.