Old 12-15-09, 11:32 AM
chucky
It's got electrolytes!

Bikes: Self-designed carbon fiber highracer, BikesDirect Kilo WT5, Pacific Cycles Carryme, Dahon Boardwalk with custom Sturmey Archer wheelset

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by bhkyte
There has been a few situations where the alarm and folding bike has been useful. They usually involve being more relaxed when picking up children from school vists or if stopping off unexpectedly. The combination of a bike that stands independently and gives warning is great if you can not lean the bike.I guess i could buy a stand! I dont agree about the lack of need for an alarmed folding bike. I will fold the bike or half fold and sometimes set the alarm,either way the bike either way its relatively secure. Its good to have both options on one bike.
Personally the only time I really multimode anymore is when I take the Megabus (and I only have to fold for Megabus because the other bus companies allow bicycles in their larger luggage compartments) because with my improving fitness local transit has begun to feel like a waste of money. Besides, carrying tons of shopping in addition to a folded bike onto another vehicle is so torturous that they probably made the prisoners do it at gitmo.

So I'm not really in much need of being able to simultanously ride long distances, do lots of quick errands, and fold. Two out of three works for me and I couldn't be happier with the Carryme for the later two. YMMV; I'm just saying that if the alarm works well for you then I think I'd personally get more use out of it on a nonfolder than a folder.