View Single Post
Old 12-22-09, 11:28 AM
CliftonGK1

Bikes: '08 Surly Cross-Check, 2011 Redline Conquest Pro, 2012 Spesh FSR Comp EVO, 2015 Trek Domane 6.2 disc

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked 7 Times in 6 Posts
Originally Posted by superslomo
It's amazing to me that I see nearly no people around my neck of the woods riding brooks, but even god can't help you if you come on here and say something negative about them...
I'm a huge fan of Brooks saddles, but I'm not one to crack on people for having legitimate issues with them. Plenty of people don't like them for a number of reasons: Too wide, rails are too short, it sags, it won't soften at all, etc. If you've ridden one and you don't like it for any number of good reasons, I won't argue that. It's the broad reaching unfounded statements that I take issue with.

Originally Posted by superslomo
For my own part, I have a B17-N, and I freaking hate it. the only reason I continue to suffer the thing is because I've been sold this idea by the brilliant minds of the internet that the heavens will open up and I will feel true enlightenment if I merely am willing to continue to suffer for more miles yet.
I'll give you the same advice I give everyone about the Brooks. If it's not comfortable straight out of the box after a little bit of adjustment to the positioning, then stop using it. I don't know where the nasty rumour got started that a Brooks saddle means you have to suffer for upwards of 500 miles before it starts getting comfortable. Would you walk 100 miles in a pair of shoes which gave you blisters and hotspots just because someone else said they're the best shoes ever once you break them in? Then why do the same thing for your behind?