Old 12-31-09, 01:54 AM
bigvegan

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Cue the obligatory "read the stickies" responses.

Framesize - put a broomstick / yardstick between your legs, pull up until you can't. Measure the height of the top of the stick, subtract and inch or two, and that's your standover height. Compare that with the standover height posted on the bike geometry specs on different manufacturers websites. This is just a ballpark, some bikes have shorter or longer top tubes, etc., so it'd be a good idea to go to a bike store and have them help you out. Or just google "bike fitting".

Cheap fixed gear - get the Mercier Kilo TT from bikesdirect.com, make sure it has a front brake, call it a day.

Originally Posted by Sam8madness
Hey guys could really use some help here.

I've ridden road bikes for a long time, but never anything new. Always stuff from thrift stores, friends ect... I've finally decided to take the plunge and actually spend money on something to get me around.

Which is where you come in. I've been searching for a calculator or chart to help me with frame size. I don't seem to know the right string of words to bring up what I'm looking for though. I really am a noob when it comes to this.

I know it's tt and seat tube height, and my inseam is 33 inches and I'm 6ft 3" tall.
If anyone could help me out I appreciate it, if there is a dedicated thread for stupid questions just point me in the right direction.

Also a link to any decent starter fixed gear bikes for a fair price would be awesome.
Thanks for any help!

Only reason I posted in here is I plan on getting a fixed gear, it's a very general question though.

Sam