Old 01-01-10, 02:36 PM
droobieinop

Bikes: jamis xenith comp '08, trek 750 hybrid (w/drops) c.1995, centurian fixie, kona cindercone mtb c.2000

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I was just thinking about posting a simular question about a training plan/site/software/tracking type info.

I'm 40 and have lost 30-40 lbs this year (down to a steady 170) while logging 7k miles this (mostly since may) and I rode a couple of centuries also. I don't own a car, work at a lbs and ride nearly every day, atleast 12 miles on my commute. I've never been into keeping a log or worrying about a training schedule, until now, and I'm also looking for thoughts and recomendations.

So let me just say that I don't want to hijack this thread, however, if there is another person out there with questions like mine there are others, so let's share.

A little more detailed and brief background on what I've done this past year.

I've made a career change that allows me access to nice stuff and time to ride it. My concentration has been on keeping up on the group rides with the cat 4+ racers and I've increased my average speed to 20+ mph at an 80-100 rpm cadence, which has been recorded with my cateye V2c computer.

I've been attempting to input this info into a spreadsheet to track my progress and create a training plan, however I don't understand how to use the info I've input (ie. tracking with graphs etc.). Of course, the powertaps have come up time and again, but they are $o ex$pen$ive, and so are the garmins. At the same time, a 705 can be had for less than a PT hub and would allow the connection of place with data (and it's also ANT+ compatible).

So, I guess that I would like to add to this thread the thought that some of us can't afford some of the nicer tools out there and we'd like to know what has worked for others before they had those extra bells and whistles?