taxi777
Wheres my snuggie?

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
San Bruno Mountain Race: Report

San Bruno Mt. Challenge 2010

I decided I'd start my "New Year" off on the right foot...Of course that meant I had to get down to San Bruno Mountain and cheer the NorCal team on.

I also needed to get my ****** on the bike and get some exercise. I'm coming off a crash, death cold, bad state of mind and a big huge stye in my eye. Today was a little scary going out the door. I thought there might be some rain, but it ended up being really pretty nice. The sun actually started coming out a bit by the time the race was over.

When I arrived I instantly felt the race adrenaline ever though I would not be participating...(jealous). I turned into the parking lot and immediatly sighted Richard (beaker) warming up...(looking really pro)! I didn't want to mess up his warm up, so I didn't chat much and moved down the line of bikes to Rich and Mary Ellen doing their warm ups in the usual attire (Webcore Kits and futuristic space glasses). I looked around to find more familiar faces. I saw Chris Phipps. I've learned to not hog too much of a bikers time, so they remain focused. At that point I decided to head on up to the summit to prepare for the photo finish.

I was hurting on the climb and very grateful I didn't sign up to race this year. As I climbed, people walking up would flinch and move to the side thinking I was in the race, but I would tell them...

"Don't worry I'm actually I'm a part of last years race, but I'm really slow and just getting to the finish line...It's been a long year!"

It got a chuckle or two. I also ran into "Jinws", who I haven't seen around in awhile. He was walking and had his good camera...probably got some good shots.

When I got to the top I could look down and see the first wave ascending. I found a really good spot and hunkered down to wait. I saw the first two riders coming up to the finish...WWaaayyyy ahead of everyone else and of course coming up second was Chris, who just careened by me across the finish.

BTW got a good shot of my new friend "Laurie" who was way up at the front of the womans wave. I told her I'd post her picture.

I then saw Rich and Mary Ellen coming up with each other, which was really cool to see then riding together like that.

Henry showed up, but had decided not to race and we ended up watching the race together. I sort of missed Richard in a pack, but got a shot of him as he went by.

All and all it was a fun time and Henry and I made a pact to race next year. What a lot of fun, but I wish there were more Bike Forum people. I did meet Eric and "PacificSlim" didn't race...Next year buddy!

Nice going NorCal'rs

BTW never got to meet "Cranks" or 7bmwm3gtr

Last edited by taxi777; 01-01-10 at 09:50 PM.