Thread: Tires again
View Single Post
Old 01-03-10, 01:44 AM
ScottCarney

Bikes: 2010 Davinci JointVenture, 1994 Specialized Epic Comp, 2007 Steelhead custom road bike, Surly CrossCheck, 1999 Kona MuniMula MtB, Wife:Civia commuter, Steelhead custom road, 1993 Marin Mtb Extracycle , Kids:Trek tag-along, Jet20, Trek830

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by zonatandem
Keep in mind that with the longer wheelbase of a tandem, compared to your single, the tandem ride would less harsh.

This helps. I'm going to pick up our first tandem (DaVinci JV) next weekend. I thought the 28mm Contis were comically narrow: I run the 28mm conti 4seasons on my fancy custom go-fast road bike most of the time and run 37s on my commuter. I was riding through the silly sub 23 (I even ran 20mm for a bit that might as well have been solid rubber) period in the 90s and thought that whole deal was over.

Anyway, I've been reading the posts on tires here and was struck by the number of folks riding on sub 30mm tires with two people on top. I was going to just pick up a pair of 32mm conti tours or similar right away and save the 4seasons for my road bike. Maybe I'll try the skinny tires for a bit first... any thoughts?

Thanks.